Global Tourism > Destinations > B&B
Montys Court, Bed and Breakfast B&B
Taunton Somerset England, United Kingdom UK
Montys Court Bed and Breakfast for garden lovers, in the family since it was built in 1838. The house stands in parkland with views across the extensive garden to the Quantock and Blackdown hills.
The full length windows in the dining room look out over the rose garden and the light double drawing room has a grand piano and open fires that are lit on chilly days. Montys Court has:
We are close to Quantocks and Exmoor, numerous National Trust houses and gardens and an excellent variety of eating places.
- 3 large bedrooms (1 double with ensuite bath/shower and 2 twins with private bath & shower)
- private drawing room with TV, log fire and piano
- fresh flowers and tea making facilities
- heated swimming pool
- two tennis courts
- ample parking
- patio under a magnificent oak tree
- views over the garden and park
Activities/Attractions: Taunton lies in the spectacular Vale of Taunton Deane between the Quantock and Blackdown Hills. It combines relics of its dramatic past with the buzz and efficiency of a modern county town.
- Restricted smoking
- Children over 10
- Pets by prior arrangement
- Open January to November
The town has many fine architectural features including soaring church spires and the Heritage Trail taking walkers through attractive back streets, parks and gardens and historic corners.
Taunton is also an annual winner in the National Britain in Bloom competition and Vivary Park is a haven from the hustle and bustle and is home to the annual Classic Proms Concert with fireworks and the annual Taunton Flower Show, The ‘Chelsea of the West’.
- Hestercombe Gardens, Taunton
- Coates Willow & Wetlands, Stoke St Gregory, Taunton
- Sheppy’s Cider, Bradford on Tone, Taunton
- Somerset County Cricket Club
- West Somerset Railway, Minehead to Bishops Lydeard near Taunton
- Somerset County Museum, Taunton
- Cothay Manor, Greenham, Wellington
- Taunton Racecourse, Corfe, Taunton
- Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre
Norton Fitzwarren, Taunton, Somerset,
TA4 1BT England
Telephone: 01823 432255
Fax: 01823 433623
Map: Where is Taunton, Somerset England?