Global Tourism > Destinations > B&B
Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast
Old Saybrook Connecticut, New England USA
Our Location is Perfect!
We invite you to step back in time and enjoy the splendor of yesteryear in this magnificent c.1746 center chimney colonial Bed and Breakfast. The Inn is listed on the National Historic Register and we are located in the charming, quintessential New England village of Old Saybrook, Connecticut. The gas-lit Main Street, in the heart of historic & shopping districts, welcomes you as you arrive for your stay. The B andB is part of an historic walking tour as well as a scenic coastal bicycle loop. There is an ice skating pond just 1/8 mile away;plus a great canoe/kayak launch just 1/2 mile away!;
- Located on a pretty gas-lit main street lined with brick sidewalks and flower filled brick median, and in the heart of the historic and shopping districts, walking distance to shops, restaurants, cafes, spas, art galleries, churches, museum, the large town library, ice skating pond, boat launch, town green activites, and the water of course!
- Part of an historic walking tour and scenic coastal bicycle loop (borrow our bikes or bring your own).
- Across the street from the General Hart House museum, archives building & heritage gardens and pillared white church.
- Next door to an old fashioned soda fountain/ice cream parlor, rubber stamp & gift shop.
- A half mile from a beautiful cove, lined with majestic old sea captain homes and scenic vistas, and a boat launch. Perfect spot for kayaking/canoeing.
- One mile from beaches, lighthouses, sightseeing cruises, waterfront dining, waterfront golf & mini-golf, and waterfront historic park.
Our romantic guest rooms feature an award winning decor, combining an historical charm with the relaxing luxuries of today's modern lifestyles.
Each unique guestroom features a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and a fireplace! All rooms have a 4-poster or canopy Queen-size bed, comfortable sitting area, cable TV, stereo/CD player, AC, private bath, high speed wireless and a phone/modem line. This charming Connecticut Bed and Breakfast boasts many fine original details including original wide-board floors, hand-hewn beams, wainscoting, a corner cupboard, beehive oven and 12 working fireplaces!
The house was built by Deacon Timothy Pratt in 1746 and served as a private school in the 1790's. In our Pratt House Scrap Book, you can read an excerpt from a girl's journal who attended school here. Timothy Pratt was a carpenter and served as a Deacon in the church across the street from the property.
- The spacious boudoir sets a romantic stage with a Queen-sized carved 4 poster rice bed overlooking an original working fireplace, hand-stencilled swags, a handsome boudoir, vanity desk/mirror, and inviting french doors which lead to a sunny sitting room with twin/day bed. Sunny room w/ windows on 3 sides, overlooks gardens and fountain. Spacious private bath with oversized jacuzzi tub & shower, cable TV, VCR, stereo/CD player, AC, high speed wireless (if you have a wireless card). This room is on the 2nd floor of the main building.
- Spacious and dignified, this period style room boasts lots of historic charm. Dramatic Queen canopy bed overlooking an original working fireplace with beautiful woodwork, private bath w/ oversized jacuzzi tub & shower, sitting area with loveseat/settee, cable TV, phone, high speed wireless (if you have a wireless card), stereo/CD player, AC. This room is on the first floor of the main building.
- Bright, airy room filled with romance: Queen canopy bed showing off our award winning handmade quilt, and overlooking an original working fireplace; writing desk, large private bath with oversized jacuzzi tub & shower, sitting area with 2 Queen Ann wing-back recliners, cable TV, VCR, DVD, desk, AC, stereo/CD player, phone, high speed wireless (if you have a wireless card). On the 2nd floor of main building
English Cottage Room
- This striking red & white toile room will charm you with its English cottage theme, Queen canopy bed, fireplace with neoclassical decorative mantel, a sitting area with a vaulted ceiling and skylight, sitting area, oversized jacuzzi tub, shower, private bath, cable TV, stereo/CD player, hi-speed wireless (if you have a wireless card), phone/modem line, central AC. This very charming room is located on the second floor of the James Gallery and Soda Fountain Building, just steps from main building.
- Charming room in relaxing tones of georgian green, cream, and rose; featuring Queen arched canopy bed overlooking a gas fireplace with decorative mantel, large private bath with oversized jacuzzi tub, shower, sitting area with 2 cozy chairs, cable TV, VCR, stereo/CD player, phone/modem line, hi-speed wireless (if you have a wireless card), central AC. On the 2nd floor of the James Gallery Soda Fountain Building, just steps from main building.
- A snuggle-up hideaway nest with a Queen size half-canopy bed, a fireplace and a jacuzzi under the exposed beams of a lofty cathedral ceiling. A sunny room w/ windows on 3 sides, overlooks gardens and fountain. Cable tv, stereo/CD player, private bath, shower, AC, phone, high speed wireless (if you have a wireless card). This room is located on the 2nd floor of the main building
- A Grand Room with cathedral ceiling throughout, Queen canopy bed, sitting area with loveseat, working fireplace, private bath with cathedral ceiling & skylight over the oversized jacuzzi and shower, cable TV,VCR, stereo/CD player, hi-speed wireless (if you have a wireless card), phone/modem line, central AC. This magnificent hideaway is located on the second floor of the James Gallery and Soda Fountain Building, just steps from main building.
A formal candle-lit breakfast is served on fine china, linens & silver in the elegant dining room complete with fireplace, corner cupboard & period wainscoting. Guests are treated to a complimentary breakfast of home baked goods & fresh fruit prepared by one of our pastry chefs.
Relax in our picturesque grounds with pretty gardens, a fountain, inviting sitting areas, a handsome two-century-old maple tree with swing and two-person rope hammock.
Deacon Timothy Pratt Bed & Breakfast
325 Main Street - Old Saybrook, Connecticut 06475
Phone: 860-395-1229 or Toll Free: 800-640-1195
Map: Where is Old Saybrook, Connecticut?