Global Tourism > Destinations > B&B
Shorecrest Bed and Breakfast & Cottage
Southold, New York USA (north fork of Long Island)
A sense of history surrounds this beach house and bed and breakfast located in wine and farm country, on the north fork of Long Island. We offer water views, antiques filled guest rooms, a cozy library, and wicker filled screened porch. We are centrally air conditioned for the comfort of the many brides and grooms who choose to prepare for their weddings here, or decide to spend their honeymoon with us.
Shop in nearby sea coast village of Greenport, or world class outlets in Riverhead. Visit our 8 lighthouses, our natural resources and wildlife. We are a short ferry ride to Shelter Island, the Hamptons, casinos and New England. Wonderful to visit all seasons.
- Complimentary wine tastings with two night reservation
- Shorecrest Wine Tours and Tastings group package
- Wonderful women workshops; A Mind, Body and Soul retreat
Shorecrest Bed and Breakfast, a ‘Four Square’ Victorian mansion sits proudly on a beautifully landscaped acre, atop a crest of land overlooking the Long Island Sound to the North and the ‘Ashamamoque Pond’, an inlet of Shelter Bay to the South.
The House has been immaculately maintained in all its original Victorian elegance complete with molded 10 foot ceiling, floor to ceiling windows throughout framing breathtaking views of sky, sunsets, trees and water and furnished with period antiques in every room. Recent improvements have included renovated private bathrooms for every bedroom, a new second zone air conditioning and heating system, an additional garden room and deck that can be made available for alfresco breakfasts and extensive landscaping to the grounds and flower gardens.
- A rose ‘for luck’ pinned to the door of this first floor 100 year old room welcomes you. Come in and enjoy the comfort and elegance of a queen size canopied four poster bed and ornate fireplace under 10 foot molded ceilings. Two large windows overlook the water view of the Ashamoque inlet in it’s park like setting to the South and West. A soft color theme of dove grey walls, an antique collection of blue and white china displayed on the mantelpiece and bathroom vanity, 19 century furnishings and decorative prints of tall ships or roses complete the tranquil mood. The large private attached bathroom features a tub with shower, and antique washstand.
- The Rose room can be had en suite with attached library and screened porch. It is a favorite of the Bride and Groom as it offers room to ‘spread out’, especially when make-up artists and hairdressers need to be accommodated. The library is a warm cozy room with large leather arm chairs, a television housed in an old pine cabinet, books and bookshelves and it’s own grand fireplace plus the modern convenience of a small refrigerator. A pocket door can be opened to give direct access to the library from the Rose bedroom. Adjoining the library through a glass door to the West is the screened porch offering water views all around as well as overlooking the garden and the mass plantings of bright blue giant hydrangeas which flower outside the windows all summer. It is furnished with oversize 1920’s rattan sofa and armchairs, and bookcases which house a collection of games and puzzles should the weather or your mood keep you indoors and in need of entertainment.
- A Victorian gentleman or woman would be very much at home in this room overlooking the Long Island Sound. A queen size Mahogany sleigh bed, bow fronted 18 century dresser, burgundy leather slipper chair and dark framed 19 century prints adorning the silvery damask papered walls are some of the antique furnishings that support an authentic experience of those times in comfortable elegance. From the three, floor to ceiling windows guests can enjoy spectacular water views and sunsets to the North and the morning sun to the East. The finest and most comfortable mattress available and soft European linens complete the luxurious experience a stay in this room affords. The newly renovated en suite bathroom with spacious shower provide the amenities and convenience of modern times.
- This French provincial style room overlooks the Long Island Sound from each of it's three floor to ceiling windows. Guests can enjoy the most spectacular sunset view from either the comfort of the antique cast iron bed or one of the two easy chairs. The color theme of soft blues and beiges, the 19 century fashion prints, antique mirrors and furnishings plus the finest linens and a top of the line mattress complete the sense of comfort, luxury and old world charm that the original owners enjoyed. The newly renovated bathroom with spacious shower and floor to ceiling window provides the added amenities and convenience our guests expect today.
South West Room:
- As the name suggests this corner room with its’ three floor to ceiling windows offers expansive views to the South and West draws and draws both morning and evening light. The waters of the Ashamamoque inlet of the Great Peconic Bay can be seen all year round and captured in Spring and Summer through the leaves of the ancient maple trees that grow in the park like setting to the South. From the West facing window can be seen the Long Island Sound, through which the setting sun bathes this room in a rosy glow each evening. The decorative theme here is the Victorian Traveler in Asia. Wine colored shantung silk drapes frame the windows and a deep red embroidered quilt with matching shams adorns the intricately carved four-poster ‘rice’ bed. On the walls and mantle piece are antique Chinese prints, textiles and artifacts. For modern comfort the newly renovated en suite bathroom boasts a spacious shower with bench seating.
Silk Road Room:
- On the second floor the Silk Road room as the name suggests has an oriental theme and is the largest room we offer. Gold colored embroidered silk drapes frame the spacious floor to ceiling bay window through which you can see the Long Island Sound to the North and garden and wods to the South. Walls are painted a soft fern green with co-coordinating linens that cover the King size sleigh bed. The bathroom is spacious with two floor to ceiling windows overlooking the garden to the East. Amenities include a shower and large vanity.
- Soft Cotton Robes
- Ceiling fans
- Oversized cotton towels
- Bottled Water and Tea
- AM/FM Clock Radios
- Central Air conditioning
- Pillow-top mattresses
- Early Morning Coffee in the Library
- Wine set-ups
- Full Gourmet Breakfast
- Out-door shower
- Turn-down service
- Internet access
- Concierge services
- Telephone in the Lobby
- Well stocked library
- Feather beds, pillows and quilts
- World class periodicals
- Luxurious cotton sheets (300 to 600 thread count)
- Beach passes, chairs and towels
Shorecrest Beach House:
Shorecrest Bed and Breakfast
- So close to the water you feel like you are sailing! On a small grassy bluff overlooking the Long Island Sound and available for weekend, weekly and monthly rentals is the self contained Shorecrest Beach Guest House. Right on the water with its own private beach adjoining that of Shorecrest, the cottage has three bedrooms, one with Queen bed and two with twin beds; one large shower ‘room’; a half bath in the master bedroom; a living room with Fireplace, TV, DVD and VCR player, fully equipped kitchen with dining table for six and deck, also with dining table, all overlooking the water.
- The cottage comes complete with linens, beach and bathroom towels, beach chairs, loungers and umbrella, and laundry room with a washer, dryer. It is also centrally air conditioned and fully winterized. A gourmet breakfast or brunch is also available to cottage guests on request at an additional charge, in the sun porch or on the deck of the Big House, the Shorecrest Inn just across the street. Access to Shorecrest’s other water front beach and mooring on the Ashamamocque Inlet, to the rear of the Inn, perfect for kayaking, waterskiing or windsurfing can also be used by Beach House guests.
- The Beach House is usually rented as one unit but at times individual rooms are available.
- Breakfast can be made available at the Shorecrest Inn at an additional charge.
54300 County Route 48,
Southold, New York 11971
(631) 765 1570
Map: Where is Southold, New York?