Global Tourism > Destinations > B&B
Churchill House Inn, Bed and Breakfast
Brandon, Vermont VT USA
Churchill House Inn, Brandon's First Green Hotel
Your country bed and breakfast retreat welcomes you to the heart of Vermont . . . our guests visit us for romantic getaways, family reunions, and our great location just across a babbling mountain stream from the Green Mountain National Forest and its award-winning trail system. You can hike, bike, and even ski Vermont right from our front door! Quiet comfort, warm hospitality, and gracious, hearty dinners and breakfasts in an authentic century-old country inn await you here. Relax and enjoy the serenity of rural Vermont and the Green Mountains, or hop in your car for real "adventure" -- a short drive will bring you to sophisticated Middlebury College, shopping in bustling Middlebury village, vistas of Lake Champlain and historic Fort Ticonderoga, or revitalized downtown Rutland. Come experience those special Vermont qualities that make our town, Brandon, VT, so "unhurried, unspoiled, and unforgettable."
Wi-Fi is Here!
In addition to the guest computer in our library, we offer complimentary wireless high-speed internet access throughout the inn.
The London Room
- True King & Twin Beds
- This spacious first-floor room is tucked away in a private corner of the Inn, yet it provides easy access to all common areas. Decorated in green tones with an eye toward the traditional New England look, it has large windows and both a luxury true King and a Twin bed, each with handmade patchwork quilts. The armchairs are original to the inn. The private bath has a deep whirlpool tub (with shower) bathed in light from an antique stained glass window. The London Room sleeps three people.
The Moscow Room
- Two Double Beds
- This large second-floor corner room loves the sunlight from its south- and east-facing windows, and so will you. Sleep in the antique double bed with oversized headboard or a second double bed that cuddles up against an original wall hanging of St. Basil's Cathedral sewn by Olya. Hang your clothes in the original built-in closets and enjoy a soak in the tub (with shower) in your private bath. The Moscow room sleeps up to four people.
The Athens Room
- Queen Bed
- This bright and cheerful second-story room features a comfortable Vermont Tubbs Northern White Ash Queen four-poster bed crafted right here in Brandon, Vermont. The room overlooks the pool and garden against a background of mountain views. Decorated with classical touches, this intimate room has a marble-topped dresser original to the inn and a private bath with deep whirlpool tub (with shower). The bedding is Waverly toile. Two people only, please.....
The Morocco Room
- Queen Bed
- This romantic second-floor room faces out from the front of the Inn toward the National Forest beyond. It will scintillate you with its rich rose wallpaper and the sumptuous coordinating Waverly comforter on its Queen size pineapple post bed. Snooze in G. H. Churchill's favorite oak rocking chair while songbirds serenade you just outside your sunlit windows. Enjoy a soak in the tub in your private bath (tub with shower). The Morocco Room sleeps two people.
The Bombay Room
- Luxury Queen Bed
- This quiet second-story room will surround you with charm from another era, from its handwoven Madras rug to its luxurious Queen sleigh bed with handmade checkerboard quilt, to the bric-a-brac that might have been brought back from India by Churchill himself. The Bombay Room was enlarged and completely renovated in 2006 and is popular with couples for its comfortable atmosphere and its private bath with whirlpool tub (with shower).
The Tuscany Room
- Queen and Twin Bed
- You might not expect such a large room on the third floor, but here it is! The spacious, high-ceilinged Tuscany suite sleeps three people in its Queen and twin size beds; a trundle bed is available for a cozy fourth. Adjoining the bedroom are an intimate private sitting area and your private bath (with tub-shower). Large south-facing windows and the earth tones of the room itself whisk you away to the rich countryside of Tuscany as soon as you step over the threshold.
The Paris Room
- Queen Bed
- Vive la France! The City of Light is the inspiration for this third-story escape, with a wrought iron cafe' setting and whimsical mural of Gay Paree in the Jazz Age. An accommodating Queen canopy bed, also in wrought iron, and private bath (with tub-shower) add to your comfort. The Paris Room sleeps two.
The Chartwell Room
- Double and Twin Bed
- A garden overlooking a garden, this third-floor room is nestled high above poolside, and you'll want to nestle into bed with your favorite book or one from our library. Pastel colors, high ceilings, and an airy latticework wall bring the outdoors indoors. The private bath has a shower. An antique white iron and brass double bed and a separate twin, each with a handmade quilt, allow the Chartwell Room to sleep up to three people comfortably.
In each and every guestroom:
- All Rooms are non-smoking with private bath
- Individual in-room thermostats: central hot water heat
- MP3/iPod-compatible AM/FM/CD player clock radios
- Complimentary Wi-Fi (high speed wireless satellite Internet)
- High quality hypo-allergenic pillows
- Handmade quilts or comforters by Waverly
- A down comforter for every bed
- Ceiling fans and large screened windows
- Bedside reading lamps
- Toiletries by Greenwich Bay including herbal bath grains
- A tasteful blend of antique furnishings and modern bedding
Available upon request or in the Common Areas:
- Guest computer with e-mail and internet access
- Complimentary hot & cold beverages 24 hours a day
- Irons & ironing boards
- Ice & ice buckets
- Towels for swimming pool use
- Supplementary toiletries
- Area guidebooks and field guides
- Area maps for hiking, biking, foliage, antiquing
- Parlor games, cards, puzzles, books
- Area activities and sightseeing information
- Innkeepers' eclectic library of books and CDs
- Current magazines about nature, New England, and news
- Area restaurant menu samples and recommendations, plus reservation service
Completely absent from the Churchill House:
- Television to interrupt the peace and quiet
- Telephones (OK, we'll let you borrow the house phone since your cellphone may not work here)
- All the hustle, stress, and hurry of everyday life in the 21st century
The Innkeepers The Innkeepers Guest comments Guest comments Directions Directions Weather Weather Home Home Rates Rates Inquire Inquire Policies Policies Availability Calendar Availability Calendar Inn-to-Inn programs Inn-to-Inn programs Current Specials Current Specials Gatherings and Groups Gatherings and Groups Experiential Weekends Experiential Weekends Sample Menus Sample Menus Selected Recipes Selected Recipes Arts and Events Calendar Arts and Events Calendar Year round attractions Year round attractions Hike Vermont Hike Vermont Bike Vermont Bike Vermont Ski Vermont Ski Vermont Arts/Antiquing Arts/Antiquing Violin Lessons Violin Lessons Piano Lessons Piano Lessons Gift Certificates Gift Certificates Gift Shoppe Gift Shoppe
Churchill House Inn,
- The Sunporch ~ A lovely place to mingle with your fellow guests or gaze out at the heart of Vermont through floor-to-ceiling windows, the sunporch is the delightful "welcoming room" to the Churchill House Inn. Here you will make your first acquaintance with this lovely old structure: its flagstone floor, skylighted natural-wood ceiling, and pleasant open-hearth woodstove greet you with a genuine "Welcome!" A 24-hour complimentary beverage bar contains a refrigerator with cold drinks as well as a kettle and a selection of cocoa and teas by Twining's of London. Do take a moment to browse the current offerings at our gift shoppe. The versatile sunporch is the setting for early morning coffee, pre-dinner appetizers, and post-dessert conversation. We invite you to enjoy this casual room, perhaps the most relaxing of the common areas of the Inn.
- The Parlor ~ Situated in the back of the house, the large parlor is both a pleasant conversation room and host to a 95-year old baby grand piano. The hardwood floor glows in filtered afternoon sunlight from the western windows. A sitting room in the traditional New England style.
- The Library ~ Warmed by a charming open-hearth woodstove in the chillier months and cooled by a pleasant breeze from the nearby mountains in the summer, the library is a delightful place for quiet pastimes. Play a board game at the table, check your e-mail (don't forget to send a note telling what a wonderful time you are having), peruse one of the dozens of volumes on the shelves, sit and gaze at the fire - the library holds big possibilities. Whatever it is you choose to do here, the library's comfortable atmosphere will remind you to relax.
- The Dining Room ~ At the heart of the Inn, the cheerful dining room is a place where guests get to know each other. Some guests have made fast friends here from their first meal together and continue to return year after year on the same weekends. Two great antique oak tables host you for dinner by candlelight (by advance request) and country breakfasts with sunlight streaming in. Additionally, a cozy table for two perches between the front windows. An eclectic selection of music will add to your dining pleasure. Please see our sample menus to catch a 'taste' of the well-known Churchill House cuisine.
- Poolside ~ Glimmering in the sunshine amid perennial gardens against a mountain meadow backdrop is the Inn's swimming pool. Avail yourself of it on one of those warm Vermont summertime afternoons. Of course, swimming is optional -- lounging poolside after a day of hiking or biking, antiquing, or sightseeing can be refreshing in itself. Lawn furniture is there, or stretch yourself out on the grass and listen to the stream as it cascades nearby. Please note: there is no lifeguard on duty at any time, and NO ONE SHOULD SWIM ALONE. Children must absolutely not go into the fenced swimming pool area unaccompanied by an adult. There can be no exceptions to this safety policy.
- The Grounds ~ The Inn's own pleasant grounds are greatly enhanced by its proximity to more than 22,000 acres of preservation land called Moosalamoo. This section of the Green Mountain National Forest is accessed by foot (or mountain bike, or skis) directly from the Inn, simply by crossing a footbridge over a babbling mountain stream. Excellent trail maps are complimentary, and we can offer advice from personal experience on many of the trails.
3128 Forest Dale Rd.,
Brandon, VT 05733 USA
Call us toll-free at (877) 248 - 7444
Local Number (802) 247 - 3078
Map: Where is Brandon, VT?