Global Tourism > Destinations > B&B
The Big Bungalow Bed & Breakfast
A wonderful alternative to a hotel, this lovely home, built in the early 1900's in historic Edgefield, sits just east of the Cumberland River and downtown Nashville. Located in a vibrant community famous for it's stunning houses, exquisite churches, urban flavor and cultural diversity, the Big Bungalow offers just the right mix of urban convenience and a warm, homey atmosphere.
Truly experience Nashville - it's music, history and relaxed pace - while enjoying all the amenities you'd want plus some unique extras not found anywhere else.
- 3 rooms, each with it's own private bath
- Superior gourmet breakfast
- Licensed massage therapist on premises
- Cable TV in every room
- Free high speed wireless internet access
- Computer available for guest use/internet access
- Local Phone
- Refrigerator and microwave
- Large screened-in porch
- As a licensed massage therapist for many years, I am excited to offer massage as a perfect compliment to the relaxing environment of the Big Bungalow. Roll out of bed, receive a massage and feel great all day--or receive a massage before going to sleep for a perfect night of rest.
- I am also offering Spa Days and special Spa Weekends on request featuring yoga classes, facials, pedicures and my fabulous massage. See the Events section for Spa Days dates.
- I prepare a delicious breakfast featuring specialties of the house.
- Right in our own living room! You are invited to hear some of the great musicians and songwriters who give Nashville it's reputation as Music City, USA. Four or five songwriters sit in a circle and perform their original songs. It's your opportunity to be part of the inside music scene in Nashville - who knows, you might hear the next big country hit or meet the next big country star! See the Events section for scheduled music nights.
- A wide range of art, including paintings and sculpture, grace the surroundings of the Big Bungalow. Local artists are well represented...you might even decide to take a piece home for a great price.
The Nashville Experience
We are also just minutes from Music Row, the famed Bluebird Cafe, The Opryland Hotel and the Grand Ol' Opry as well as the airport, Vanderbilt University and all local hospitals.
The Big Bungalow is walking distance to a myriad of attractions and tourist delights, including:
- The Coliseum, (home of the Tennessee Titans)
- The Country Music Hall of Fame
- The Wildhorse Saloon
- Tootsie's Orchid Lounge
- The famous Ryman Auditorium
- The Convention Center
- The Frist Museum of the Visual Arts
- Much More!
The Big Bungalow is also just a short drive to the Hermitage, Cheekwood and Belle Meade Mansion as well as many beautiful public parks. For walkers and joggers, Shelby Park is close by.
If you're an antique buff, you won't want to miss Nashville's countless antique shops and antique malls in which to lose yourself.
And when it's time to fill your tummy, I've got the scoop on the city's best and most fun eateries!
I am happy to take last minute reservations and look forward to meeting you!
- Smoking Permitted Outside Only
- Children 10 & Over Welcome
- Pet Free Environment
- Reduced Pricing Available For Extended Stay
Ellen Warshaw, Inn Keeper
The Big Bungalow Bed & Breakfast
618 Fatherland Street
Nashville, TN 37206
Call For Reservations!(615) 256-8375
Map: Where is Nashville, TN?