Secret Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast, Kingston, Ontario
Secret Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast
When in Kingston, stay at our bed and breakfast and experience the history, elegance, and romance that is the Secret Garden Inn. Fully restored and historically designated, the Inn was built in 1888 in the Queen Anne Victorian style, and is located in the heart of Kingston's historic district.
Antique fireplaces, beautiful stained glass windows and original architectural details create a warm and welcoming ambiance from the moment you arrive.
About Secret Garden Inn
The Secret Garden is centrally located in historic Sydenham Ward, just blocks from Queens University, great shopping and restaurants, and Lake Ontario waterfront.
We offer historic charm with modern comforts you come to expect from a 4½ Star Canada Select Inn. Central air conditioning, private baths, and a gourmet style breakfast are offered to ensure your stay is memorable.
Our guest parlour features turret window seating, 1830’s fainting couches and parlour chairs set around the original fireplace. Early morning coffee and tea are served each day as you relax before breakfast.
The flicker of candlelight and soft music welcome guests to a full, delicious breakfast served in our beautiful oak paneled dining room. Menus vary daily including chilled juice, seasonal fruit dishes, delicious entrées, homemade baking, fresh brewed coffee and a selection of great teas.
Our library offers a quiet retreat to curl up with a good book in front of the fireplace. Showcase your talents on our 1850’s upright piano. In addition to our secure wireless internet service, we have a computer for guest use, with our compliments.
As you explore you will appreciate the architectural marvels from a by gone era. From the stain glass windows, to the plaster archways you discover the Secrets of the Secret Garden Inn…
Our front porch offers a wonderful retreat or lose yourself in our award-winning garden. Enjoy the sounds of water as you relax by the KOI pond and the city around you fades into the background. After shopping or sightseeing, return to the Secret Garden Bed & Breakfast Inn and enjoy a cool drink and soak in the afternoon sun.
Mork & Mindy, our family dogs, will be sure to greet you during your visit!! (They are prohibited from entering guest rooms)
All room accommodations feature private baths, fine antiques, new pillow top mattresses, central air, semi private phones for outgoing local calls, cable television, wireless internet, and guest parking. All accommodation includes a full gourmet style breakfast for each morning of your stay.
- Boasts a carved Queen poster bed, newly renovated ensuite bath featuring an elegant claw foot slipper tub, all brass fixtures and a gentle rain shower head—pamper yourself in luxury!! Also featured is a comfortable sitting area with a wing back chair and "cuddle couch". Decorated in shades of pale gold, soft green and cream tones with 'Victoria Rose' draperies, duvet and border.
- The original master bedroom is a large, elegant room with a carved King poster bed. The original fireplace converted to gas completes the mood for relaxation. Two comfortable matching chairs are located in the Turret overlooking our award winning gardens and KOI pond. Your private 4 piece ensuite washroom comes complete with soft rain shower head to envelope yourself in luxury. Decorated in soft tones of gold, rust and cream with cranberry accents.
- Angels' Watch overlooks the beautiful historic Sydenham Street United Church and spires of St. Mary's Cathedral. It offers a carved Queen poster bed, private 4 piece ensuite washroom, gas fireplace and comfortable sitting area with chaise lounge. Decorated in shades of soft yellows and warm blues.
Secret Garden Room
- Our Secret Garden Room has its own private deck—the perfect place to sit outdoors and read one of the many Agatha Christie novels located on the bookshelves in the room. A carved Queen poster bed and a private ensuite washroom with original stain glass complete the ambience for total privacy and relaxation. Decorated in shades of pale and dark green with cream accents.
- Escape to The Retreat on our third floor, decorated in pale gold with magnolia print wallpaper, with matching draperies and duvet. Bright, sunny, comfortable and elegant, it features a hand carved Queen pine bed, comfortable sitting area with antique couch, electric fireplace, and a writing desk. Enjoy watching television in bed or relax in the large 72 inch soaking tub in your private washroom across the hall. Bath robes provided for your comfort.
- The Turret Room is a large, bright, sunny room with dormer walls and a comfortable sitting area in the turret surround. A carved queen 4 poster bed, antique twin bed, and two sided gas fireplace create the ambience of our Turret Room. Private three piece ensuite washroom with shower. Decorated in shades of pale yellow, rich burgundies and gold.
- Serenity—Enjoy the ambiance of this elegant room with queen 4 poster bed, matching antique parlour chairs, and gas stove for those cool evenings. Private three piece ensuite with shower. Decorated in shades of pale yellow and rich gold.
Secret Garden Inn
73 Sydenham Street South
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Toll Free: Work 1-877-723-1888
Phone: Work 613-531-9884
Fax: Fax 613-531-9502
Map - Sydenham Street South, Kingston Ontario