Cedar Grove Camp, Sky Lake
Mar Ontario, Bruce Peninsula
Cedar Grove Camp on beautiful Sky Lake - a small inland lake located minutes from Sauble Beach and Wiarton in South Bruce Peninsula. Established in the 1950's, Cedar Grove Camp continues to offer a quiet and quaint retreat for those who appreciate a natural environment with a rustic atmosphere. Sky Lake is the feeder lake for the Rankin River system that connects near-by Isaac Lake with Boat Lake and offers superb kayaking, canoeing, nature watching and, of course, fishing.
Cedar Grove Camp is only minutes from easy access to the Bruce Trail for excellent summer hiking. The Bruce Trail is the oldest marked hiking trail in Canada and is over 845 kilometers long. As part of the Niagara Escarpment, it was declared a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in 1990. Also nearby are the world famous beaches at Sauble and Red Bay, the historic Lighthouses along the shores of Lake Huron and Georgian Bay as well as excellent summer cycling routes and winter snowmobile trails. There is also plenty of peace and quiet for those who just want to relax and enjoy nature.
Cabin #1 - sleeps 4
- A cozy 2-bedroom cabin located only 15 feet from the main pier. It has 1 double bed in one bedroom and 1 bunkbed in the second bedroom. The living area offers a fully equipped kitchen, couch and woodstove with views of the lake. The large 14'x20' patio, also overlooking the lake, is great for afternoon relaxing or that evening BBQ. This Cabin is available year round.
Cabin #2 - sleeps 12
- This is the largest cabin at Cedar Grove and can accommodate up to 12 people. It has been the headquarters for many a large family vacation or hunting/fishing group with it's 4 bedrooms, large kitchen and living area. Bedroom #1 offers 1 double bed and 1 bunkbed. Bedroom #2 offers 1 double bed. Bedroom #3 offers 1 bunkbed and bedroom #4 has 1 double bed. The large couch in the living area is a pullout and can sleep 2 more - in a pinch. The cabin also offers a small front patio for BBQing and a rear deck overlooking the main pier and lake just 15' away. A woodstove is also provided for those cold winter nights as this cabin is also available year round.
Cabin #4 - sleeps 4
- One of the original cabins still remaining, Cabin #4 is a 2 bedroom with a kitchen/eating area. One bedroom has 1 double bed while the second bedroom has 1 bunkbed. There is a deck overlooking the lake for those beautiful evening sunsets.
Cabin #5 - sleeps 4
- This Cabin is also one of the original structures and offers 1 bedroom and a kitchen/eating area. The bedroom has 1 double bed and 1 bunkbed. A small patio overlooks the lake only steps away.
Cabin #6 - sleeps 8
- One of the newer cabins at Cedar Grove, Cabin #6 offers 2 bedrooms - One with 1 double bed and 2 single beds and the other with 1 double bed and 1 bunkbed. It also has a large kitchen/eating area and a large covered porch overlooking the lake.
Cabin #7 - sleeps 6
- Also one of the newer cabins, #7 offers 3 bedrooms and a kitchen/eating area overlooking the lake. Each bedroom has 1 double bed and there is a large deck also overlooking the lake.
CEDAR GROVE CAMP
264 RED BAY ROAD