Rising Tide Expeditions, sea kayaking
Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Visit Cape Breton Island - you won't want to leave!
Sea kayaking is a great way to experience the outdoors, with ocean air in your lungs and the sun on your face. Seabirds, marine life and shoreline habitat are accessible in a whole new way.
Rising Tide Expeditions is located on Cape Breton Island's beautiful and storied Southeast Coast. From the Miq'Maq to the Vikings, Basques, Portuguese, Acadiens, Spanish, British and Scots, this shoreline has been travelled by many over untold thousands of years.
We take pride in providing a memorable experience for our guests, young and young-at-heart. No experience is necessary on our trips, only an interest in the outdoors. Instruction is provided before and during your time with us.
½-Day - Gabarus Bay
- Half-day paddling trips can be arranged each day at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm in beautiful Gabarus Bay, with tasty snacks, basic instruction and a guided outing.
1 Day - Gabarus Bay
- Day-long paddling trips in Gabarus Bay can be arranged daily at 9:00 am. Snacks, instruction and specially-made lunch on the beach are included in this guided experience.
2 Days - Gabarus Bay
- We are pleased to offer an overnight paddling trip in Gabarus Bay, perfect for those who are short on time or experience and would like to try our hospitality on an overnight camping trip.
Storied Coast Expeditions
Gabarus - Louisbourg Coast - 3 Days
- This 3-day trip is a great introduction to sea kayak travel, getting away from it all without getting too far away. We visit an abandoned fishing village, a wilderness protected area, and historic Louisbourg.
Gabarus to Main-a-Dieu - 5 Days
- Guests on our 5-day Storied Coast Expedition leave the fishing village of Gabarus and travel the shores of southeast Cape Breton. Our visits include abandoned fishing outposts, protected wilderness areas and the reconstructed Fortress of Louisbourg, once the French crown jewel of this coast.
Highland Hearts Expedition
Cape Breton Highlands - 5 Days
- Our Highland Hearts Expedition guests paddle along the resplendent cliffs and otherwise-inaccessible beaches of the renowned Cape Breton Highlands. Whale sightings are a frequent occurrence and the scenery is breathtaking. This coast is more demanding than that of our other trips and previous experience is recommended.
Acadian Shores Expedition
Isle Madame - 5 Days
- Our Acadian Shores Expedition explores the headlands and bays of Isle Madame, one of the remaining Acadian enclaves of Cape Breton Island. We then paddle through the St. Peter’s Canal into the Bras d’Or Lakes – Cape Breton’s Inland Sea – and visit Mi’kmaq first nation lands that have been designated a National Historic Site.
Acadian Shores Base Camp - 4 Days
- Our Acadian Shores Base Camp offering makes you equally at home by day in your kayak on the coastline of Isle Madame and by night in well-appointed cabins. We travel where the weather and our will takes us, in order to experience the highlights of the surrounding areas.
Acadian Shores Traveller - 5 Days
- This option has us traveling with light kayaks and light hearts as we enjoy Isle Madame and area and the hospitality offered by accommodations in several communities along the coast.
Rising Tide Expeditions
Gabarus, NS, Canada B1K 3S6
Map: Where is Gabarus, NS, Canada?